What is Bioinformatics?
- Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary filed encompassing all aspects of biological information with the use of computers along with various databases, tools and algorithms to study data diversity at various cellular, molecular and systems level.
Why to study Bioinformatics?
- In the present era, use of computers has become an integral part in the study of biological data.
- Various advancements in the fields of genomics and proteomics have resulted in a massive increase in complexity of data, which needs to be stored, processed, analyzed and interpreted to extract meaningful biological information and discover new insights for further translational research.
- Mining of useful information from data requires the use of computation tools and hence, it is imperative for biologists to be familiar with bioinformatics to tackle the challenges in this tremendously growing era of genomics and proteomics.
What our course provides?
- Our Bioinformatics training course provides detailed knowledge on various bioinformatics techniques and hands on experience that are essential in processing and interpreting of biological data according to current research needs.
Who can learn Bioinformatics Course?
- Anyone pursuing/completed bachelors / master’s degree in any field of life science those including computer science, biotechnology, medicine, clinical research, and other relevant fields.
- B.Pharm/M.Pharm, BE/ME are also eligible.
- People working in industries or associated with research (working as research associates, project fellow at any research institutes, colleges, universities) can apply.
- Those completed with 10+2 level with background of Biology or computer science and physics, chemistry are also welcomed.
Which all fields use bioinformatics?
- Drug development
- Molecular medicine
- Personalized medicine
- Gene therapy
- Antibiotic resistance
- Evolutionary studies
- Crop improvement
- Forensic analysis
What are career options/ Job opportunities of bioinformatics?
- PhD and research life sciences in India and abroad, IT sector, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech research centers, biomedical organizations, Agricultural companies, etc.
What are the roles and responsibilities after doing bioinformatics?
- Bioinformatics scientist
- Bioinformatics analyst
- Data scientist
- scientific curator
- Research assistant
- Research associate
- Computational Biologist
What is the salary package after doing bioinformatics ?
- Depending upon the firm you join. Around 2-3 lacs p.a. in private companies for freshers and 3-4 lacs in government sector.
- Some companies do offer annual package of 6-7 lac depending upon your skills and work.
What is Future scope of bioinformatics?
- Techniques and methodologies used in current biology and medical labs generate large amount of data which cannot be analyzed manually.
- Thus, current research cannot proceed without bioinformatics.
- Further, future scope includes various fields of rapidly growing areas of genomics, agriculture, drug development, pharmaceuticals, IT sectors, etc.
Top Recruiting companies for bioinformatics?
- GANIT Labs
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Jubilant Biosys
- Strand Life Sciences
- CytoGenomics India
- Accelrys Software Solutions
- Aurigene Discovery
- Bijam Biosciences
- Biomed Informatics
- Neogen Informatics
What you will learn through bioinformatics course?
- Understand and appreciate the field of bioinformatics and its growing demands
- Through basic courses you will understand the fundamentals of bioinformatics
- Through advanced courses you will get into core bioinformatics knowledge, where each module will help you to gain understanding of different aspects of bioinformatics and ongoing researches.
Outcome of the bioinformatics Course?
- Bioinformatics training course certificate
- Hands on experience dealing with biological data
- Lectures on review and manuscript writing
- Interaction with research scientists and industry experts
Omics data analysis
- Introduction to transcriptomics and Gene expression
- comparative gene expression study
- RNASeq data analysis
- Microarray data analysis using GEO2R
- Introduction to proteomics and applications
- Experimental and computational tools used in proteomics (Protein identification and characterization tools)
- Introduction to Protein-Protein interactions and PPI databases
- Part II- System’s biology
- Overview of metabolic engineering and system’s biology with its applications
- Types of Network (protein-protein, gene regulatory, etc.) and properties
- Overview of Cytoscape
- Introduction to metabolic systems, networks and pathways
- Introduction, exploration and interpretation using compounds, enzymes and reaction databases (BRENDA, LIGAND, etc.)
- Introduction, exploration and interpretation using metabolic disease databases
- Introduction to genomics
- Introduction to genome databases
- Bioinformatics tools to understand genome
- Gene Prediction algorithms
- Genome annotation
- Introduction and need for genome comparison
- Genome alignment and comparison using various online and offline tools (MUMmer, PipMaker, etc.)
- Recombination detection
- Overview of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism databases
NGS data analysis
- In-depth understanding of Genome sequencing platforms (Solexa, Roche 454, Ion torrent, etc.)
- Genome sequencing assembly: Quality assessment using FASTQc, removal of adaptar contamination, reference guided and denovo assembly
- Introduction to the concepts of immunology
- Immune system (innate, acquired)
- Antigens and antibodies
- Serological assays (introduction, methodology and applications)
- Overview of Immunoinformatics
- Introduction, applications
- Introduction, exploration and interpretation of results using Immunoinformatics databases and tools (IEDB, etc.)
- Epitope prediction tools
- Vaccine design pipelines
- Overview of reverse vaccinology
Data science in biology
R programming and visualization
- Introduction to R language
- Working with different datatypes (vectors, factors, matrices etc.)
- Working with biological data
- Overview of plots and bioconductor packages
- Analyzing microarray data
- Introduction to python
- Working with IDLE environment
- Data types, operators, variables
- Pattern matching, file handling
- Understanding complexity of biological data
- Need for data curation
- Introduction to web services and use in bioinformatics
- Introduction to NCBI e-utilities, PDB RESTful services, UniProt web services
- Extracting data from databases using web services (building URLs, PERL coding)
- Introduction and overview of molecular evolution
- Importance of molecular phylogeny
- Methods of phylogenetic tree construction
- Introduction to MEGA software
- Assessment of MSA models
- Alignment-based and alignment-free phylogeny
- Benchmarking datasets
Structural bioinformatics and drug design
Protein folding and structure prediction
- Introduction to Protein structure Prediction tools
- Protein structure prediction (secondary and tertiary), analysis and visualization using various online and offline tools (swissPDB viewer)
- Structural alignments algorithm and function prediction
- Binding pockets prediction of proteins
- Introduction to chemoinformatics, uses and future scopes
- Representation of chemical compounds and reactions
- Understanding different chemical file formats
- Introduction, exploring and extraction of data from chemical databases
- Chemical structure searches (exact, substructure, superstructure and similarity)
- QSAR (Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship)
- Combinatorial chemistry
Molecular dynamics and simulations
- Introduction to Molecular modeling
- Energy optimization algorithms
- Molecular dynamics simulations
- Monte Carlo simulations
Molecular docking studies and algorithms
What is the Advanced Bioinformatics Course Duration ?
- Overall - 2 Months
- Batch Mode - Daily / Weekend.
What is the Advanced Bioinformatics Course fees ?
- Our fees are dependent on batches, You can call our executive and they tell you current batch fees.
Who are the trainers for Advanced Bioinformatics Course ?
- We have experienced trainers team with us, who is having more than 5+ years real time industry experience, other than that they have teaching experience.
- Our trainers are experts in their field and have thorough domain knowledge and hands-on industry expertise.
Do you provide Advanced Bioinformatics Course training material to the candidates ?
- Yes, study material will be provided to you in our website, we will give you access to our study material.
How to register ?
- There are two ways of getting register for the course, one you can enter Name, Email, Phone and Course and registrar on website.
- Second, you can simply give us a call our executive will do all the needful for you.
What are the payment options ?
- Bank Transfer (NEFT)
- Cheque Payment
- Google pay, Paytm
- Western Union Money transfer
Will I get a demo class ?
- Yes, you can registrar for Free Demo class.
What is system configuration required for an online training class ?
- You don’t need any special configuration, have the proper equipment like headphone, internet, regular configured course.
What if I have any questions during the class ?
- You can always ask any questions during class and the trainer will right away answer your question.
What if I miss the class ?
- You don’t need to worry we will give you recorded session, and we will let u know the class time for missed class from another batch, you just need to manage time.
Will there be interactive classes, Practical classes with real-time exposure ?
- There will be an interactive call, we will take practical classes.